Artesano Apple Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano® Bakery Bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Then, add in apple slices and brown sugar. Cook over medium high heat until brown sugar has dissolved. Add ¼ teaspoon vanilla and ½ teaspoon cinnamon and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 6-8 minutes longer. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool slightly and thicken while you prepare toast.
- In a large, shallow bowl whisk together eggs, ¼ teaspoon vanilla, milk, and cinnamon. Place bread slices, one at a time, in the mixture, coating both sides. Lift the bread out of the liquid and allow excess mixture to drip off.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook slices until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove and place onto a serving plate. Repeat with all the slices. Generously top with apple-cinnamon mixture. Enjoy!