Pear and Chocolate Brioche Bread Pudding
- 1 package Sara Lee® Artesano® Brioche Bakery Bread
- Nonstick cooking spray or butter
- ¼ cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 pears, very thinly sliced
- 3 large eggs, plus 3 large egg yolks
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 1¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray into a shallow 2-quart baking dish, or butter dish thoroughly. Arrange bread slices in dish, alternating each slice with pear slices.
- In a large bowl, gently whisk together eggs and egg yolks, milk, cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour mixture evenly over bread and pears and let it sit for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake until bread is puffed and custard is just set, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated orange zest. Serve warm or at room temperature.