Cranberry & Walnut Rollups Recipe
Sweet tooth? Enjoy this guilt-free treat...
- 21-30 Minutes
- 10 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ 100% Whole Wheat Bread Made with Honey
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Rolling pin
- Pastry brush
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cranberries, walnuts, sugar and about 2 tablespoons of honey to help bind ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Trim crusts from bread and roll slices flat using a large glass or rolling pin. Lay each slice of bread on baking sheet and brush with melted butter. Brush some honey around the edges of each slice to help the rollup seal tightly. Add about 2 tablespoons of the cranberry/walnut mixture to each slice, being careful not to overfill. Roll each slice into a log and position seam side down on parchment. If log refuses to stay rolled, you may need to remove some filling and try re-rolling.
3. Combine egg and water in a small bowl and whisk until blended. Brush each log with the egg mixture and bake for 12–15 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with additional honey and serve!