Curry Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Visit the Middle East without leaving your kitchen with a curry chicken salad sandwich.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread
- 6 bone-in chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dark raisins
- ¾ cup finely chopped celery
- To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise and curry powders in a small bowl. To prepare the sandwiches, lightly season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper then put them in a large skillet. Add water to cover. Put a lid on the skillet and simmer the chicken for about 20 minutes or until it is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. When the chicken is chilled, remove the skin and cut the meat from the bones. Dice the meat and place it in a large bowl. Add the walnuts, raisins, and celery and mix thoroughly. Moisten the salad with the curry dressing. Next, add the chicken salad mixture to one slice of bread, top with the other slice and serve.