Fruitcake Poppers Recipe
- 6 slices Sara Lee® White Made with Whole Grain Bread, toasted and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup dried apples, chopped
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- Nonstick cooking spray or butter
- Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Special Tools:
- 12 cup mini muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Toast six slices of bread and cube into small squares. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Fold in cubed bread, making sure they are well coated. Fold in dried fruit.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray, or coat with butter. Spoon in bread mixture. Top with additional fruit, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until firm and golden brown. You can check doneness by sticking in a toothpick. You will want a toothpick to come out clean.
- To make Cream Cheese Icing, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese, milk, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Drizzle icing over cooked muffins. Enjoy!