Personalized Made-in-a-Mug Bread Pudding Recipe
- 2-3 slices Sara Lee® Butter Bread, toasted and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon raisins, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray or butter
- Potential Toppings:
- Cinnamon and brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Cranberries and cranola
- Chocolate chips
- Sweet Vanilla Icing: (Enough for 2 mugs):
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the Sweet Vanilla Icing: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add milk and brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil. Slowly stir in vanilla. Set aside.
- For the Bread Pudding: Spray a microwave-safe mug with nonstick spray or coat with butter. Place cubed bread in mug until filled completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, raisins, and cinnamon. Pour over cubed bread, folding slowly to coat. Microwave on high for 1 minute and check by sticking in toothpick. You will want a toothpick to come out clean. Add desired toppings and drizzle icing over cooked mixture. Enjoy!