Falafel Sandwich Recipe
- Falafel Ingredients:
- 15-ounce can chickpeas
- ¼ small red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro leaves and tender stems, loosely packed (or fresh parsley)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Sandwich Ingredients:
- 4 Sara Lee® Artesano® Brioche Hot Dog Buns
- 12 falafel
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup chopped romaine
- 4 tablespoons tzatziki
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1. To make the falafel, Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- 2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Pat with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture and set aside.
- 3. Place onion, garlic and cilantro into the food processor and pulse until finely minced, scraping sides if needed. Add the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and process until combined. Then add the flour and pulse until a uniform dough forms, being sure not to over-process.
- 4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into 12 balls that are 1½ tablespoons each, then flatten them into discs. Place on the baking sheet and brush the tops with olive oil.
- 5. Bake the falafel for 15 minutes until golden brown, then flip and bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown on the other side. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before making sandwich.
- 6. To assemble the sandwiches, add some of the chopped romaine inside of each bun. Top with 3 falafel, onion, tomato, cucumber, and Feta. Drizzle on some tzatziki and sprinkle with parsley before serving. Serve with tomato cucumber salad and enjoy!