French Onion Soup Brioche Toppers Recipe
- 2 Sara Lee® Artesano® Brioche Buns
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Gruyére cheese
- Melt butter with olive oil in an 8-quart stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Add beef broth, sherry, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place ramekins or oven-safe soup bowls on a cookie sheet. Ladle in the soup and then place one half of Artesano bun on top of each soup vessel. Sprinkle both Parmesan and Gruyére cheeses on top of the bun.
- Place in broiler. Broil 2-3 minutes, until cheese bubbles and is slightly brown. Serve hot!