Flag Day Food Art Recipe
Summer holidays inspire festive food art - like these fruit forward, open-faced flag sandwiches.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ Healthy Multi-Grain Bread
- 32 blueberries
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese
- 8 strawberries
- 1 banana
1. Toast bread and trim into rectangular shapes.
2. Slice strawberries into long thin strips.
3. Slice banana into rounds and cut rounds into half moons.
4. Spread cream cheese on top of toast.
5. Arrange 4 blueberries into upper left corner of horizontal bread rectangle.
6. Align strawberry strips into a line to form first stripe of flag.
7. Stand a half banana round up to form the next stripe on flag.
8. Repeat, alternating strawberries and bananas. For wider lines, use more fruit.