Flag Day Food Art Recipe
Summer holidays inspire festive food art - like these fruit forward, open-faced flag sandwiches.
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ Healthy Multi-Grain Bread
- 32 blueberries
- 8 tablespoons cream cheese
- 8 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1. Toast bread and trim into rectangular shapes.
- 2. Slice strawberries into long thin strips.
- 3. Slice banana into rounds and cut rounds into half moons.
- 4. Spread cream cheese on top of toast.
- 5. Arrange 4 blueberries into upper left corner of horizontal bread rectangle.
- 6. Align strawberry strips into a line to form first stripe of flag.
- 7. Stand a half banana round up to form the next stripe on flag.
- 8. Repeat, alternating strawberries and bananas. For wider lines, use more fruit.