Mini Burger Skewers Recipe
This adorable appetizer is sure to be the most talked about dish at your next party.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread, toasted
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 lettuce leaves, cut into fourths
- 6 slices Sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into fourths
- 24 dill pickle chips
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Mini bamboo skewers
1. Cube each toasted bread slice into 6 pieces and set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium pan over medium heat, cook bacon. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. When cool, cut each bacon strip into 3 equal pieces. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, green onion, garlic, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and divide into 24 meatballs. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and arrange meatballs on top. Gently press down on each meatball to create mini patties. Cook mini patties for 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.
4. Create sliders. Layer 1 toasted bread cube, 1 quartered lettuce leaf, 1 cooked patty, ¼ slice cheese, ⅓ bacon strip, 1 pickle chip, 1 more toasted bread cube and 1 tomato half onto a skewer. Repeat process with remaining ingredients. Serve warm.