Open-Faced Tuna Melt Recipe
Set sail to flavor town with this open-faced tuna classic.
- 1-10 Minutes
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Classic White Bread (toasted)
- 2 5-ounce cans chunk light tuna (drained)
- 1 medium shallot, minced (2 tbsp.)
- 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Dash of hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tomatoes (sliced)
- ½ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Preheat broiler then combine tuna, shallot, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt, hot sauce and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread 1/4 cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast; top with tomato slices and 2 tablespoons cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil for approximately 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.