Avocado, Egg White & Spinach Sandwich Recipe
This fast and easy sandwich is bursting with flavor.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ Healthy Multi-Grain Bread
- ½ avocado
- 1 lime
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh spinach
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon sweet pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced
1. Toast bread.
2. In a small skillet over medium heat, sautée sweet pepper in oil for two minutes and remove from pan. Place spinach and egg white in same oiled pan and continuously whisk over medium heat for about three minutes until egg is cooked through, and spinach is tender. Set aside.
3. Mash avocado with crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese (reserve a pinch), sautéed sweet peppers, a squeeze of lime juice and black pepper to taste. Blend together.
4. Spread avocado mixture on 1 slice of toast. Top with egg and spinach mixture, sliced tomatoes, reserved pinch of Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper.
5. Cap with second slice of bread. Enjoy!