Berry Panzanella Recipe
For a fresh, fruity dessert, this deliciously sweet, Italian-inspired treat drenches cubes of Artesano™ Bread in mashed blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and a touch of honey.
- 3 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- Handful of toasted sliced almonds
- Whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, mix bread cubes, butter, honey and sesame seeds.
- 2. Place mixture on baking tray and bake until golden brown.
- 3. While bread is baking, mix berries using a fork to mash them slightly. Add honey as needed to sweeten.
- 4. Place warm bread cubes in serving bowls and top with mashed berries.
- 5. Top with almond slivers and whipped cream.