Bite Size BLT Kabobs Recipe
A deliciously fun way to serve up two American classics that your family’s sure to love.
- 21-30 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ Healthy Multi-Grain Bread
- 9 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Vintage White Cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon basil, chopped
- 2 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 3 strips of bacon
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- Wooden skewers
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Slice strips of lettuce approximately 1¼-inches wide by 2½-inches long.
2. Grate Parmesan and vintage white cheddar cheese. For best results when grating Cheddar cheese, keep well chilled.
3. Toast bread slices. Baste toast evenly with melted butter.
4. Sprinkle Parmesan, vintage white cheddar, basil and ground black pepper to toast edge. Place in oven until cheese melts.
5. Trim crust off edges and cut each slice into 6 squares. Fry your bacon thoroughly and slice into 1¼-inch strips. Bacon should be skewered while still warm and pliable for best results.
6. Skewer toast, prepared bacon, tomato, lettuce (folded in half) and then repeat twice. Top final lettuce with cheesy toast. Repeat for two remaining skewers. Serve with ranch dressing.