Blackberry & Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese Recipe
The balance of sweet and savory in this creative grilled cheese on Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread is a must-try.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- 1½ cups blackberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup Goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. Add blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 minutes, ensuring berries are keeping their shape. Remove and let cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and Goat cheese.
- 3. Spread butter on all slices of bread and cheese mixture on the other side of 2 halves. Spread blackberry mixture on top of cheese mixture and then place the buttered bread, butter side up, on top.
- 4. Place sandwich on skillet and cook for about 4 minutes, until bread is golden. Flip and continue cooking another 3-4 minutes or until second half is golden brown.