Buffalo Chicken Pockets Recipe
Get the party started with a crowd-pleasing dish that’s easy to serve and even easier to love!
- 12 slices Sara Lee® White Made with Whole Grain Bread
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Ranch (optional)
- Blue cheese dip (optional)
- 1. In a small skillet over medium heat, mix together chicken and buffalo sauce. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes and set aside.
- 2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and water until well combined. Set aside.
- 3. Using the ravioli press, stamp out the bread into a rectangular shape. Repeat for each slice of bread. Take one slice of bread and top with 3 tablespoons of buffalo chicken. Brush the edges of the bread with egg wash and top with a second slice of bread. Using the ravioli press, seal the edges of the bread together to create the pocket. Repeat this step 5 more times.
- 4. Heat the canola oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, place 2 pockets in skillet and cook until bread is brown on both sides (approximately 3-5 minutes). Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat this step 3 more times.
- 5. Sprinkle with cheese and serve hot with choice of ranch or Blue cheese dip.