Turkey Dogs in a Blanket Recipe
Give this traditional appetizer a fresh spin with tasty turkey dogs wrapped in soft wheat bread.
- 6 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread
- 6 turkey hot dogs
- 6 slices Colby Jack Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Yellow mustard (for dipping)
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2. Place bread slices on a flat surface, trim crusts, and flatten with a rolling pin or soup can. Place slice of cheese on each. Place hotdog on top, near the edge of bread slice, and roll up. Insert a toothpick near the edge of the rollup to make sure it stays in place. Place on baking sheet in oven at 325°F for approximately 15 minutes.
- 3. While in the oven, melt butter in a skillet on medium heat and combine with garlic powder and parsley in bowl.
- 4. After 15 minutes, remove from oven and baste with garlic butter mixture. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes before removing toothpicks.
- 5. Slice each wrap into 3 bite-sized pieces. Serve with mustard.