Turkey Dogs in a Blanket Recipe
Give this traditional appetizer a fresh spin with tasty turkey dogs wrapped in soft wheat bread.
- 30+ Minutes
- 6 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread
- 6 turkey hot dogs
- 6 slices Colby Jack Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Yellow mustard (for dipping)
- Rolling pin
- Basting brush
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place bread slices on a flat surface, trim crusts, and flatten with a rolling pin or soup can. Place slice of cheese on each. Place hotdog on top, near the edge of bread slice, and roll up. Insert a toothpick near the edge of the rollup to make sure it stays in place. Place on baking sheet in oven at 325°F for approximately 15 minutes.
3. While in the oven, melt butter in a skillet on medium heat and combine with garlic powder and parsley in bowl.
4. After 15 minutes, remove from oven and baste with garlic butter mixture. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes. Allow to cool a few minutes before removing toothpicks.
5. Slice each wrap into 3 bite-sized pieces. Serve with mustard.