Crème Brûlée French Toast Recipe
If you’re looking to step up your brunch game, we’ve got just the treat.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup half & half
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together eggs, milk, half & half, vanilla, orange juice, nutmeg and salt in a bowl until well combined. Dunk each slice of bread in the egg mixture and place in a 9-by-13 inch baking dish.
- 2. Mix together butter and brown sugar and spread this mixture on each slice of bread, both sides. Bake for 20 minutes and flip each slice of bread. Bake another 5 minutes. Top with strawberries and serve immediately!