Cranberry White Chocolate Chip French Toast Recipe
This Cranberry White Chocolate Chip French Toast made with Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bakery Bread is the perfect holiday treat for family and friends.
- 6 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bakery Bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar to taste
- 1. Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a mixing bowl, then transfer to a large shallow dish.
- 2. Place bread in egg mixture and flip so that both sides are thoroughly soaked, resulting in French toast.
- 3. Cook French toast on a buttered skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- 4. Make the Cranberry Compote. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberries, brown sugar, syrup and orange juice and cook for 7-10 minutes until thick.
- 5. Stack French toast with cranberry compote in between, and top with white chocolate and powdered sugar.