Delightful Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Delicious Sara Lee White Made with Whole Grain Bread makes this stunning sandwich, diet-friendly.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread
- ½ cup arugula
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 eggs, cooked to desired doneness
- ¼ cup microgreens
- 4 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons Romesco Sauce (recipe follows)
- ½ cup almond slices, toasted
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Romesco Sauce Ingredients:
Make the Romesco Sauce. In a food processor, add almonds, crushed red pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, red wine vinegar and cayenne pepper. Pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Gradually add olive oil until desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Lightly toast each slice of bread. Spread Romesco sauce on 2 slices of toast. On each slice, layer on arugula, avocado, turkey bacon, one egg and microgreens. Spread cream cheese on remaining 2 toast slices and place atop sandwiches, cream cheese sides facing down.