Delightful Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Delicious Sara Lee White Made with Whole Grain Bread makes this stunning sandwich, diet-friendly.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread
- ½ cup arugula
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 eggs, cooked to desired doneness
- ¼ cup microgreens
- 4 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons Romesco Sauce (recipe follows)
- Romesco Sauce Ingredients:
- ½ cup almond slices, toasted
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Make the Romesco Sauce. In a food processor, add almonds, crushed red pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, red wine vinegar and cayenne pepper. Pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Gradually add olive oil until desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly toast each slice of bread. Spread Romesco sauce on 2 slices of toast. On each slice, layer on arugula, avocado, turkey bacon, one egg and microgreens. Spread cream cheese on remaining 2 toast slices and place atop sandwiches, cream cheese sides facing down.