Farm to Table Grilled Cheese Recipe
Farm-fresh ingredients make this grilled cheese, made with Sara Lee Artesano Bread, one extraordinary sandwich.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 ounces Gruyère cheese, sliced or shredded
- 1 cup fresh arugula, rinsed and dried
1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs in skillet and fry until whites are cooked through and yolk is set to desired firmness. Transfer egg to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and return skillet to stovetop. Butter 1 side of each bread slice and place 1 slice in skillet, butter side down. Top with half the cheese, arugula, fried eggs and remaining cheese. Place second bread slice on top, butter side up.
3. Cook sandwich, flipping intermittently, until bread is golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.