Farm to Table Grilled Cheese Recipe
Farm-fresh ingredients make this grilled cheese, made with Sara Lee Artesano Bread, one extraordinary sandwich.
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 ounces Gruyère cheese, sliced or shredded
- 1 cup fresh arugula, rinsed and dried
- 1. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs in skillet and fry until whites are cooked through and yolk is set to desired firmness. Transfer egg to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Reduce heat to medium-low and return skillet to stovetop. Butter 1 side of each bread slice and place 1 slice in skillet, butter side down. Top with half the cheese, arugula, fried eggs and remaining cheese. Place second bread slice on top, butter side up.
- 3. Cook sandwich, flipping intermittently, until bread is golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted.