Fried Egg & Avocado Grilled Cheese Recipe
Enjoy this deliciousness for breakfast, lunch—or brinner!
- 1-10 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices American cheese
- ½ avocado, mashed
1. In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Crack egg in skillet and fry until whites are set and yolk is just slightly runny. Remove from skillet.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in same skillet over medium-low heat. Layer 1 slice of bread with 1 slice of cheese, avocado and egg. Top with second slice of cheese. Spread remaining tablespoon of butter on second slice of bread and place butter side up atop sandwich.
3. Place sandwich, butter side up, in skillet. Cover with a lid and let cook for 2 minutes. Remove lid, flip sandwich and continue cooking until bottom slice is golden brown (approximately 2 minutes).