Fried Egg & Avocado Grilled Cheese Recipe
Enjoy this deliciousness for breakfast, lunch—or brinner!
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices American cheese
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 1. In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Crack egg in skillet and fry until whites are set and yolk is just slightly runny. Remove from skillet.
- 2. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in same skillet over medium-low heat. Layer 1 slice of bread with 1 slice of cheese, avocado and egg. Top with second slice of cheese. Spread remaining tablespoon of butter on second slice of bread and place butter side up atop sandwich.
- 3. Place sandwich, butter side up, in skillet. Cover with a lid and let cook for 2 minutes. Remove lid, flip sandwich and continue cooking until bottom slice is golden brown (approximately 2 minutes).