Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
Give your egg salad a tasty makeover when you add avocado and watercress.
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Soft & Smooth® 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup finely chopped watercress
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Place eggs in a pot and add water until about a half inch above all eggs. Bring to a boil and turn heat to low, allowing eggs to remain at a low boil for about 10 minutes. Remove eggs from pot with tongs and immediately place them in a bowl with ice water. Allow eggs to cool for 5 minutes and then peel away the shell.
- 2. Add the peeled eggs to a large mixing bowl and chop into small pieces with a fork and knife. Add avocado, chopped watercress, mayonnaise, and mustard and fold ingredients together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on Sara Lee® Bread, and enjoy!