Grilled S’mores Sandwich Recipe
You don’t need a campfire to enjoy gooey s’mores...year-round! Just whip up a batch of this sweet sandwiches.
- 1-10 Minutes
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread
- 2 cinnamon-flavored graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, divided
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1. Use food processor to pulverise graham crackers into fine crumb. Transfer crumbs to small plate.
2. Combine butter and brown sugar in small bowl. Stir until smooth.
3. Spread butter-brown sugar mixture on 1 side of each bread slice, then press buttered sides into graham cracker crumbs to adhere.
4. Turn oven broiler to low and heat oven-safe skillet over medium-heat.
5. Place 2 slices of bread, crumb-side down in skillet and cook until fragrant and golden brown (approximately 1 ½ minutes). Transfer bread to cutting board and “grill” remaining bread slices in skillet.
6. Top each slice bread in skillet with ½ cup marshmallows. Transfer skillet to oven and toast marshmallows under broiler to your preferred doneness (approximately 2 minutes for golden; 3 minutes for dark).
7. Remove skillet from oven and top toasted marshmallows-topped breads with ¼ cup chocolate chips each. Return to oven until chips melt (approximately 1 minute).
8. Remove skillet from oven and top melty mixture with remaining bread slices, toasted graham side facing out.
9. Slice each sandwich in half diagonally, and serve with a tall glass of cold milk.