Grilled S’mores Sandwich Recipe
You don’t need a campfire to enjoy gooey s’mores...year-round! Just whip up a batch of this sweet sandwiches.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Honey Wheat Bread
- 2 cinnamon-flavored graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, divided
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1. Use food processor to pulverise graham crackers into fine crumb. Transfer crumbs to small plate.
- 2. Combine butter and brown sugar in small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- 3. Spread butter-brown sugar mixture on 1 side of each bread slice, then press buttered sides into graham cracker crumbs to adhere.
- 4. Turn oven broiler to low and heat oven-safe skillet over medium-heat.
- 5. Place 2 slices of bread, crumb-side down in skillet and cook until fragrant and golden brown (approximately 1 ½ minutes). Transfer bread to cutting board and “grill” remaining bread slices in skillet.
- 6. Top each slice bread in skillet with ½ cup marshmallows. Transfer skillet to oven and toast marshmallows under broiler to your preferred doneness (approximately 2 minutes for golden; 3 minutes for dark).
- 7. Remove skillet from oven and top toasted marshmallows-topped breads with ¼ cup chocolate chips each. Return to oven until chips melt (approximately 1 minute).
- 8. Remove skillet from oven and top melty mixture with remaining bread slices, toasted graham side facing out.
- 9. Slice each sandwich in half diagonally, and serve with a tall glass of cold milk.