Heart Churro French Toast Recipe
Treat your special someone to a breakfast they’ll love with this Heart Churro French Toast on Sara Lee Artesano Bakery Bread!
- 1-10 Minutes
- 3 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Chocolate sauce, strawberry jam, or vanilla icing dipping sauces
- 1 small heart-shaped cookie cutter
1. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut 2 hearts out of each slice of bread.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg with milk, vanilla and salt. Set aside.
3. In a different small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
4. In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter then reduce heat to medium-low. Dip each heart in egg mixture to coat both sides, but don’t let it soak too much liquid or they will lose their shape. Shake off excess egg mixture. Place bread in the pan and fry about 45 seconds per side. Transfer bread hearts to cinnamon-brown sugar mixture, coat well and set aside. Repeat for each heart.
5. Drizzle hearts with your choice of chocolate sauce, strawberry jam or vanilla icing.