Three Cheese Chorizo-Stuffed Garlic and Rosemary Rolls Recipe
- 1 package Sara Lee® Artesano® Bakery Rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted + 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ lb. ground chorizo
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- ½ package Mozzarella pearls, small
- Nonstick cooking spray or butter
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray or coat with butter.
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add the chopped onions. After sautéing for 3-4 minutes, add the chorizo. Cook until browned. Set aside.
- Remove the rolls from the package and separate each roll. With the handle of a wooden spoon, make a small hole half way into the side of each dinner roll. With your finger, make room inside the roll (for it to be stuffed).
- In a small bowl, mix the Parmesan and Gruyere cheeses.
- Place 1-2 small Mozzarella pearls inside each roll. Then place a scoop of the chorizo mixture, then a scoop of the cheese mixture. Add enough cheese to fill the hole.
- Set the roll along the edge of the pan slightly tilted up so that the contents of the roll do not fall out. Repeat for each roll and place the rolls around the edge of the pan (so that all are tilted upward and can now be brushed with garlic butter.)
- In a microwave safe dish, add 4 tablespoons butter and garlic. Place in microwave until melted. Generously brush the garlic butter on top of each roll. Then sprinkle with the chopped rosemary and thyme.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is golden brown. Serve warm. Enjoy!