Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese Recipe
Wake up your taste buds with a jalapeno popper grilled cheese.
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Classic 100% Whole Wheat Bread
- 6 Jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup shredded aged Cheddar
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- Toss the jalapenos with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and lay skin-side up on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the skin is blistered, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Place in a plastic baggie for about 5 minutes to loosen the skin. Then remove the skin, seeds and ribs, then slice and set aside. Next, spread the mascarpone on 4 slices of bread and divide the Cheddar among the other 4 slices. Divide the sliced jalapenos among the 4 sandwiches. Close, and butter both sides of the bread. Heat half of the remaining oil on a flat griddle over medium heat. Grill one side of the sandwiches until golden. Remove, heat the remaining oil and repeat with the second side until golden and the insides are melted.