Keto-Friendly Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Here’s a whole grain, keto-friendly appetizer you can gobble up with glee.
- 6 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ White Made with Whole Grain Bread, cubed
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 20 button mushrooms, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup roast turkey, chopped
- 1½ cups spinach, chopped
- 1 (5.2-ounce) block herbed cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, plus more for sprinkling
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 300˚F.
- Combine bread cubes, olive oil and garlic powder in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Toss carefully and bake another 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Turn oven up to 350°F. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion, mushroom stems, garlic and turkey. Once onion is translucent, add spinach and cook just until wilted.
- In a small bowl, mix together herbed cheese, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan, and mushroom stem mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff mushroom caps with bread mixture, sprinkle with more breadcrumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until mushrooms are deeply golden and cooked through (approximately 20 minutes).