Apple Picker's Harvest Grilled Cheese Recipe
Turn one of the best fall activities into a new favorite fall sandwich.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 pats salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 thin slices Brie
- ¼ apple, sliced thin
- 3 slices smoked ham
1. Begin by mixing the fresh thyme with the room temperature butter and set aside.
2. Place two slices of bread on a cutting board and drizzle each slice with honey. Add half of the Brie to one slice followed by the sliced apples and the smoked ham. Add the remaining Brie on top and cover with the remaining slice of bread, honey side down. Evenly smear the thyme butter onto both exteriors of the sandwich and set aside.
3. Grill the sandwich in a cast iron skillet until the bread is golden brown and the Brie has melted (approximately 5-10 minutes). Remove from heat and let sit for 1 minute before slicing in half.