Artesano™ Golden Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread makes this egg sandwich even more egg-cellent than you can imagine.
- 21-30 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread, toasted
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup chorizo
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Cheddar Jack cheese, shredded
- Sriracha, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Slice sweet potato into ¼-inch-thick circles and place on greased baking sheet. Brush sweet potatoes with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes, checking with fork to make sure they are tender. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and minced garlic. Add chorizo and cook thoroughly. Add spinach and sauté for 2 minutes, then set aside.
3. Fill a medium saucepan with water and white vinegar. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Poach eggs by gently cracking into simmering hot water and cook until egg whites are set (approximately 4 minutes). Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
4. Top each slice of bread with ½ cup cheese, sweet potato slices, chorizo and spinach mixture and 1 poached egg. Finish with a drizzle of Sriracha and enjoy!