Artesano Grilled Cheese Lasagna Recipe
Replace noodles with thick sliced Sara Lee Artesano Bread for a fun riff on a classic casserole.
- 18 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- ½ pound lean ground beef
- ½ pound Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium pan, brown beef, sausage, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until meat is cooked through. Drain any fat.
- Stir in pasta sauce, tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups Mozzarella, Ricotta, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, parsley and egg.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle remaining 2 cups Mozzarella and ¼ Parmesan cheeses on top and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Broil 2-3 minutes to brown and until crisp on the top.