Artesano Grilled Cheese Lasagna Recipe
Replace noodles with thick sliced Sara Lee Artesano Bread for a fun riff on a classic casserole.
Ingredients 18 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread½ pound lean ground beef½ pound Italian sausage1 onion, diced2 cloves garlic, minced24 ounces pasta sauce2 tablespoons tomato paste1 teaspoon Italian seasoning4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided2 cups Ricotta cheese½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided¼ cup parsley, chopped1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium pan, brown beef, sausage, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until meat is cooked through. Drain any fat.
3. Stir in pasta sauce, tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Simmer 5 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine 2 cups Mozzarella, Ricotta, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, parsley and egg.
5. Spread 1 cup meat sauce on bottom of a 9x13 pan. Place 6 slices of bread on top of the sauce. Layer with ⅓ of the cheese mixture and 1 cup of meat sauce. Repeat two more times, layering bread, then cheese, then sauce.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle remaining 2 cups Mozzarella and ¼ Parmesan cheeses on top and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until browned and bubbly. Broil 2-3 minutes to brown and until crisp on the top.