Artesano Holiday Stuffing Recipe
Make your own delicious stuffing this holiday with Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread.
- 1 loaf Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup butter
- 2 small onions, diced (about 2-2.5 cups)
- 1½ cups celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- Cut the loaf into ½-inch cubes. To prepare bread cubes in advance, place on a baking sheet or rack to sit out overnight, or until dried. To prepare in the oven, bake at 225°F for 30 minutes, or until dried.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. In a small bowl, mix sage, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, add bread cubes. Mix with onion mixture and fresh herb mixture until combined.
- Pour broth overtop until cubes are moist (but not soggy) and gently toss. You may not need all the broth.
- Bake the stuffing for 35 minutes, covered, and then bake an additional 10 minutes, uncovered.