Butternut Squash, Apple & Cranberry Sandwich Recipe
Stunningly scrumptious vegetarian sandwiches start with thick-sliced Sara Lee Artesano Bread.
- 8 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- 1 butternut squash, thinly sliced into rounds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon rosemary, minced
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- 8 slices White Cheddar
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place squash rounds in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and roast for 17-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and a pinch each salt and pepper. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread mustard on 4 slices of bread. Top each with 2 slices of cheese, a few apple slices, 2 butternut squash rounds, cabbage mixture, dried cranberries and arugula. Spread mayo on remaining 4 slices of bread and place, mayo side down, atop each sandwich.