Artesano™ Parmesano Rolls Recipe
Enjoy this slider spin on Chicken Parmesan.
Ingredients 1 package Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Rolls2 cups marinara sauce2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded3 tablespoons butter, melted3 garlic cloves, minced1 teaspoon dried basil1 teaspoon dried oreganoBreaded chicken tenders (recipe follows)Breaded Chicken Tenders Ingredients:1 cup flour2 eggs1 cup milk1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs1 teaspoon sea salt2 teaspoons garlic powder½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper1 pound chicken tenders1 tablespoon butter2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Pour flour into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and milk, whisking together thoroughly. In a third bowl, combine breadcrumbs, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper.
2. Coat chicken tenders in flour, shaking off excess. Dip next in egg and milk mixture, then in breadcrumb mixture.
3. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken tenders until golden brown on each side (approximately 2-3 minutes per side).
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. Remove tray of rolls from packaging, but do not separate rolls. Use a serrated knife to carefully cut the entire tray of rolls in half lengthwise, to yield a large top and bottom sheet of rolls. Place bottom half in greased baking pan. Top with breaded chicken tenders, followed by marinara sauce.
3. In a small bowl, combine Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle over marinara sauce, and cap with top sheet of rolls.
4. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until lightly browned (approximately 2 minutes).
5. Drizzle melted butter and garlic mixture over rolls top, ensuring every roll is covered. Sprinkle with dried basil and oregano.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking an additional 10 minutes.