Artesano™ Parmesano Rolls Recipe
Enjoy this slider spin on Chicken Parmesan.
- 1 package Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Rolls
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Breaded chicken tenders (recipe follows)
- Breaded Chicken Tenders Directions:
- 1. Pour flour into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine eggs and milk, whisking together thoroughly. In a third bowl, combine breadcrumbs, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- 2. Coat chicken tenders in flour, shaking off excess. Dip next in egg and milk mixture, then in breadcrumb mixture.
- 3. Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken tenders until golden brown on each side (approximately 2-3 minutes per side).
- Sandwich Directions:
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- 2. Remove tray of rolls from packaging, but do not separate rolls. Use a serrated knife to carefully cut the entire tray of rolls in half lengthwise, to yield a large top and bottom sheet of rolls. Place bottom half in greased baking pan. Top with breaded chicken tenders, followed by marinara sauce.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle over marinara sauce, and cap with top sheet of rolls.
- 4. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until lightly browned (approximately 2 minutes).
- 5. Drizzle melted butter and garlic mixture over rolls top, ensuring every roll is covered. Sprinkle with dried basil and oregano.
- 6. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking an additional 10 minutes.