Rustic Reuben Sliders Recipe
Enjoy these mini delights, any night of the week.
- 1 package Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Rolls
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 pounds corned beef, sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups sauerkraut
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds Swiss cheese, sliced thick
- Horseradish dressing (recipe follows)
- Horseradish Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Horseradish Dressing Directions:
- Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, green onions and cracked pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined, cover and refrigerate until sandwiches are ready to serve.
- Reuben Directions:
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice rolls in half and arrange open on a baking sheet. Use pastry brush to spread melted butter on each half. Loosely pile corned beef atop roll bottom halves and place baking sheet in oven for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add yellow onions and cook until soft (approximately 8-10 minutes). Add sauerkraut and cayenne pepper and continue to cook, stirring often, until onions and sauerkraut are lightly caramelized.
- 3. Assemble sandwiches by topping corned beef with sauerkraut and onion mixture, Swiss cheese and warm buttered roll tops. Serve with horseradish dressing on the side.