Rustic Reuben Sliders Recipe
Enjoy these mini delights, any night of the week.
- 30+ Minutes
- 1 package Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Rolls
- ½ cup melted butter
- 3 pounds corned beef, sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups sauerkraut
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds Swiss cheese, sliced thick
- Horseradish dressing (recipe follows)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- ¼ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Horseradish Dressing Ingredients:
- Pastry brush
DirectionsHorseradish Dressing Directions:
Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, green onions and cracked pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir until thoroughly combined, cover and refrigerate until sandwiches are ready to serve.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice rolls in half and arrange open on a baking sheet. Use pastry brush to spread melted butter on each half. Loosely pile corned beef atop roll bottom halves and place baking sheet in oven for 10 minutes.
2. In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add yellow onions and cook until soft (approximately 8-10 minutes). Add sauerkraut and cayenne pepper and continue to cook, stirring often, until onions and sauerkraut are lightly caramelized.
3. Assemble sandwiches by topping corned beef with sauerkraut and onion mixture, Swiss cheese and warm buttered roll tops. Serve with horseradish dressing on the side.