Artesano™ Stuffing Recipe
Double the bread means double the delicious, especially with Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread and Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread!
- 30+ Minutes
- 4 cups Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread, cubed
- 4 cups Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread, cubed
- 1½ pounds ground pork sausage
- 1½ cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1½ cups carrot, chopped
- 1¼ cups celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2½ teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, cored and chopped
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1¼ cups dried cranberries
- ½ cup parsley, minced
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup Chardonnay (or dry white wine)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Spread bread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted (approximately 15-20 minutes). Remove and set aside.
2. In a skillet over medium heat combine sausage, onions, carrots, celery, sage, rosemary and thyme. Cook until sausage is evenly browned (approximately 5-10 minutes) and remove from heat. Let mixture cool and place in a large bowl.
3. Stir in bread cubes, apples, cranberries, parsley, stock, wine and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
4. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with butter and place stuffing mixture into the baking dish. Bake until top is browned (approximately 45 minutes).