Blueberry Lemon French Toast Bake Recipe
Warm up to this berry brilliant idea for brunch made with soft Sara Lee Artesano Bakery Bread.
- 6 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread, cubed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 cup milk
- Cool Whip, to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place bread cubes in a 9-by-9 inch square pan. Sprinkle blueberries on top.
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla and juice of half the lemon with an electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add in milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over bread and let sit 20 minutes.
- 3. Bake until set in the center and golden brown on top (approximately 35-40 minutes). Remove from oven and serve with Cool Whip and lemon zest.