Caramel Apple French Toast Bake Recipe
Your kids will never guess this sweet little breakfast bake is bursting with whole grain goodness!
- French Toast Ingredients:
- 1 loaf Sara Lee® White Made with Whole Grain Bread, toasted and cubed
- 1½ cups Granny Smith apples, diced and divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Powdered sugar
- Caramel Apple Sauce (recipe follows)
- French Toast Directions:
- 1. Layer half toasted bread cubes in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Top with 1 cup diced apples. Cut cream cheese into ½-inch cubes and arrange evenly over apples and bread.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs together until well blended. Add heavy cream, milk, caramel syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk until well blended.
- 3. Pour half of the egg mixture over the apples, bread and cream cheese. Top with remaining toasted bread cubes and apples, followed by remaining egg mixture. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- 5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Caramel Apple Sauce Directions:
- 1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add the apples and sauté until tender. Add brown sugar, heavy cream and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- 2. Pour the sauce over each serving of Caramel Apple French Toast Bake and enjoy!