Brie & Berry Grilled Cheese Recipe
This melty, tart and sweet sandwich hits all the right notes on Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread.
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread
- 8 ounces double cream Brie
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- Blackberry Compote (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Make the blackberry compote. Combine the blackberries, sugar and wine in a shallow, wide bottomed pan set over medium heat. Cook and stir until the compote is thick, syrupy and fragrant (approximately 10 minutes). Set aside to cool, add raspberries and mix gently.
- 2. Top 1 bread slice with cheese and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Spread the remaining slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of the blackberry compote and place, compote side down, atop cheese.
- 3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwich to the melted butter and cook until golden brown (approximately 2-3 minutes per side).