Brie & Berry Grilled Cheese Recipe
This melty, tart and sweet sandwich hits all the right notes on Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Golden Wheat Bread
- 8 ounces double cream Brie
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- Blackberry Compote (recipe follows)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Blackberry Compote Ingredients:
- 1 cup blackberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Merlot
- ½ cup raspberries
1. Make the blackberry compote. Combine the blackberries, sugar and wine in a shallow, wide bottomed pan set over medium heat. Cook and stir until the compote is thick, syrupy and fragrant (approximately 10 minutes). Set aside to cool, add raspberries and mix gently.
2. Top 1 bread slice with cheese and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Spread the remaining slice of bread with 1 tablespoon of the blackberry compote and place, compote side down, atop cheese.
3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwich to the melted butter and cook until golden brown (approximately 2-3 minutes per side).