Cheddar Chicken Apple Bacon Melt Recipe
Rich, flavorful Sara Lee® Artesano™ gives you permission to indulge in whatever makes your heart – and tummy – happy!
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Brioche Bakery Bread, toasted
- 2 slices bacon
- ½ Honeycrisp apple, sliced thin
- Black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 slice Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the apple slices to the same skillet. Season with salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Sauté over medium heat until apples are soft (approximately 2-4 minutes). Transfer apples to a plate.
- Spray the same skillet with cooking spray and return to medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning every few minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Top chicken with cheese. Turn off the heat, cover the skillet and let the cheese melt.
- Spread honey mustard on both slices of bread. Layer chicken, bacon and apples on 1 bread slice, and top with second bread slice. Enjoy!