Cheesy Pesto Bread Loaf Recipe
Easy to share, but we won’t tell if you want this cheesy goodness all to yourself!
- 10 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bread slices in a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- 2. In a small bowl mix together butter, garlic and 2½ tablespoons of pesto. Using a pastry brush, coat each slice of bread with the pesto butter, reserving 2 tablespoons. Use the remaining pesto to spread evenly between each bread slice. Stuff Mozzarella evenly between each bread slice.
- 3. Brush the top of the bread with the remaining pesto butter and bake until cheese is melted and warm throughout (approximately 20-25 minutes). Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Asiago. Serve immediately.