Cheesy Pesto Bread Loaf Recipe
Easy to share, but we won’t tell if you want this cheesy goodness all to yourself!
- 21-30 Minutes
- 10 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Asiago cheese, grated
- Loaf pan
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bread slices in a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a small bowl mix together butter, garlic and 2½ tablespoons of pesto. Using a pastry brush, coat each slice of bread with the pesto butter, reserving 2 tablespoons. Use the remaining pesto to spread evenly between each bread slice. Stuff Mozzarella evenly between each bread slice.
3. Brush the top of the bread with the remaining pesto butter and bake until cheese is melted and warm throughout (approximately 20-25 minutes). Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Asiago. Serve immediately.