Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese Recipe
Spice things up with a little south-of-the-border flair.
- 21-30 Minutes
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ cup sweet peppers, grilled
- 2 slices Chihuahua cheese
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through (approximately 5-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness). Add the sweet peppers. Cook for another 3 minutes or until peppers have somewhat softened. Remove from heat.
2. Layer 2 bread slices with Chihuahua cheese, Cheddar cheese, cooked chicken and peppers. Butter remaining bread slices with 1 tablespoon butter, and place 1 slice, butter side up, atop each sandwich.
3. In the same skillet as before, melt remaining tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Place sandwiched, butter side up, in skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes – or until bread is golden brown. Flip and repeat. Remove from heat and enjoy.