Chicken Fajita Grilled Cheese Recipe
Spice things up with a little south-of-the-border flair.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- ½ cup sweet peppers, grilled
- 2 slices Chihuahua cheese
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
- 1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add chicken and sauté until cooked through (approximately 5-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness). Add the sweet peppers. Cook for another 3 minutes or until peppers have somewhat softened. Remove from heat.
- 2. Layer 2 bread slices with Chihuahua cheese, Cheddar cheese, cooked chicken and peppers. Butter remaining bread slices with 1 tablespoon butter, and place 1 slice, butter side up, atop each sandwich.
- 3. In the same skillet as before, melt remaining tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Place sandwiched, butter side up, in skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes – or until bread is golden brown. Flip and repeat. Remove from heat and enjoy.