Chicken & Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese Recipe
Break out the waffle iron for this fun riff on chicken and waffles grilled cheese.
- 11-20 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- ½ tablespoon butter, softened
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 crispy chicken strip, pre-cooked and sliced
- Waffle Iron
1. Lightly spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat waffle iron.
2. Spread 1 side of 1 bread slice with butter. Set aside. Sprinkle half of each cheese on the second bread slice. Top with sliced chicken strip and remaining cheeses. Cap with buttered bread slice, butter side up.
3. Place sandwich in the waffle iron, butter side down, and close the top. Be sure not to press down – you don’t want to smash the sandwich.
4. Cook until the bread is lightly browned and crispy and the cheese is melted (approximately 3-5 minutes).