Spicy Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese Recipe
Two American diner classics converge into one scrumptious sandwich.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- ½ pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons jalapeños, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 1. In a medium skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat (approximately 5 minutes). Add salsa and jalapeños, and heat for another 2–3 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. Melt 1½ tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Top 2 slices of bread with 1 slice Pepper Jack cheese, ground beef mixture, and remaining cheese slices. Butter 1 side of remaining bread slices and place, butter side up, atop sandwiches.
- 3. Place sandwiches in skillet, butter side up. Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes. Remove lid, flip sandwiches and cook until bottom bread slice is golden brown (approximately 2 minutes).