French Onion Grilled Cheese Recipe
Introducing the love child of the classic bistro soup and the beloved diner sammie.
- 30+ Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt ½ tablespoon butter with oil. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until dark brown in color (approximately 20-30 minutes).
2. Butter both bread slices and place butter side down in a hot skillet or griddle. Place 2 slices of Swiss cheese on each slice of bread. As the cheese begins to melt, place the caramelized onions on one slice and place the remaining slice on top.
3. Once the cheese is melted, remove from pan and enjoy.