Chicken Parm Open-faced Sammie Recipe
For a simple meal you can make any night, look no further than our Chicken Parm Open-faced Sammie.
- 4 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon basil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil with 1 teaspoon minced garlic and brush on all 4 slices of bread.
- 2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining olive oil and garlic. Brown for 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, ¼ teaspoon basil, oregano and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Stir in chicken and ¾ cup Parmesan cheese and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- 3. Top prepared breads with chicken mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and place under the broiler until cheese is melted, approximately 2-3 minutes. Garnish with remaining basil and serve!