Italiano Grilled Cheese Recipe
Mamma mia! This is one delizioso grilled cheese!
- 11-20 Minutes
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces salami, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 1 ounce pepperoni slices
1. Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place 1 buttered slice of bread, butter side down, in skillet and layer with 1 slice cheese, salami, pizza sauce, pepperoni slices, 1-2 more cheese slices and second buttered slice of bread, butter side up.
2. Cook for 1 minute, then carefully flip sandwich. Cover skillet with a lid and cook 2 minutes longer.
3. Remove lid, flip sandwich, cover and cook 2 minutes longer.
4. Remove lid, flip sandwich, and if bread is sufficiently golden and cheese melty, transfer to a plate and serve. Otherwise, continue cooking until desired doneness, flipping regularly.