Churros & Hot Chocolate Recipe
Like a big warm hug, in a mug!
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Bakery Bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Drinking Chocolate (recipe follows)
- Toast the bread until golden. While still hot, spread with butter. In a bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Dip the buttered bread into the mixture and let set. Once cooled, slice into strips.
- Make the Drinking Chocolate. Pour the milk into a medium saucepan and add the cornstarch. Whisk until cornstarch is dissolved. Heat the milk over medium heat just until it bubbles. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until completely melted. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Place the pan back on the stove over medium-low heat, stirring slowly but constantly until thick. Remove the pan from the heat and ladle into cups.
- Serve Drinking Chocolate hot with bread churros for dipping.