Peppermint Hot Cocoa Brioche French Toast Recipe
Sara Lee Artesano Brioche gives you the perfect post-sledding/ice skating/snowshoeing/snowman building/insert favorite wintertime activity here treat.
- 8-10 slices Sara Lee® Artesano™ Brioche Bakery Bread
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 candy cane, divided
- 4 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Roasted marshmallows, to garnish
- Chocolate sauce, to garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the milk. Break off a piece of the candy cane and add to the milk. Cook, stirring regularly, until the milk is warm and the candy cane has melted. Add the hot cocoa mix to the pot, and stir to combine. Set aside for about 5 minutes to cool.
- Place the remaining candy cane piece in a plastic baggie and crush with a rolling pin until fine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and salt. Add the cooled milk mixture to the bowl, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture, ensuring both sides are thoroughly coated. Place on the hot skillet, and cook until both sides are browned. Repeat for each slice of bread.
- Serve the French toast topped with whipped cream, roasted marshmallows, a drizzle of chocolate sauce, and a sprinkle of crushed peppermint.