French Toast in a Mug Recipe
Midweek French toast craving? Microwave up a mug o’ love in mere minutes!
- 2 slices Sara Lee® Delightful™ 100% Whole Wheat Bread Made with Honey
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries
- Powdered sugar, to garnish (optional)
- 1. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and set aside. Spray microwaveable mug with cooking spray. In same mug, combine egg whites, almond milk, almond extract, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together using a small whisk or fork. Add bread to mixture in mug and gently stir to coat all pieces.
- 2. Place mug in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave, stir gently and return to microwave, cooking in 15-second increments until French toast is set (could take up to 45 seconds).
- 3. Remove from microwave, top with almonds and cherries and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.